In addition to the vision, mission and motto, NASL has prioritized the following general objectives:
- To stress the importance of quality school libraries for the promotion of quality education services.
- To help schools establish libraries and expand it to the maximum extent to ensure a bright future for all students and teachers, as well as for the development of overall personality of the pupils and the institution.
- To develop competent and professional human resources required in the field of school library development and management.
- To promote sharing of resources and networking among similar associations, libraries, information centers, educational institutions, documentation centers and donor agencies.
- To strengthen the relationship with authors of children’s quality books and support publications.
- To conduct training, research, workshops, seminars, excursions, exhibitions and other special educational programs.
- To set up databases of school libraries for proper statistical records.
- To help the Government in developing school library policy, rectifications and implementation guidelines for the betterment of school-level education.
- To implement information literacy and skills through school library to make them confidence for critical thing, lifelong learning and decision making.
- To integrate school curriculum and library curriculum.